- June 2, 2022
- No Comments
Company: J&G Homes Ltd.
TBD based on experience.
Reporting to the Project Manager, under the supervision of the Journeyman, Carpenter Apprentices actively work towards their Red Seal/Journeyman certification in Carpentry.
Skills & Education:
- Registered Carpenter Apprentice
- Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Possess PPE- CSA approved safety boots, hard hat
- Possess carpenters tool pouch/apron, imperial measuring tape, speed square, chalk line, 20-22oz framing hammer, drills and impact drills required for work
- Knowledge of core principles in carpentry in both residential and commercial construction setting
- Experience in operating equipment, framing, construction work
- Experience using computers
- Willing and able to work long hours during the busy season and during extreme temperatures
- Capable of lifting and moving materials up to and including 50-75lbs
- Hard working, motivated, and reliable
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine specifications
- Construct foundation and structure
- Fit and install windows, doors and hardware
- Safely operate equipment and tools as required
- Transport supplies as required to and from job sites
- Maintain a safe and organized site
- Follow safety standards and report any incidents
- Other duties as required by the Journeyman/Management
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.