Company: J&G Homes Ltd.
TBD based on experience.
Reporting to the Project Manager, under the supervision of the Journeyman, Carpenter Apprentices actively work towards their Red Seal/Journeyman certification in Carpentry.
Skills & Education:
- Registered Carpenter Apprentice.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Possess PPE-CSA approved safety boots, hard hat.
- Possess carpenters tool pouch/apron, imperial measuring tape, speed square, chalk line, 20-22oz framing hammer, drills and impact drills required for work.
- Knowledge of core principles in carpentry in both residential and commercial construction setting.
- Experience in operating equipment, framing, construction work.
- Experience using computers.
- Willing and able to work long hours during the busy season and during extreme temperatures.
- Capable of lifting and moving materials up to and including 50-75lbs.
- Hard working, motivated, and reliable.
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine specifications.
- Construct foundation and structure.
- Fit and install windows, doors and hardware.
- Safely operate equipment and tools as required.
- Transport supplies as required to and from job sites.
- Maintain a safe and organized site.
- Follow safety standards and report any incidents.
- Other duties as required by the Lead Carpenter/Management.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
2404 Park Avenue
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.