Shop Stores Clerk
Company: Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd.
POSITION:Shop Stores Clerk
HOURS of WORK:
This position is responsible for maintaining the Company Stores which includes but is not limited to stocking of operational materials, supplies, tools, inventory control, record keeping, and other related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory levels to support the operations of the Shop
- Maintain the tool crib; identifying, classifying, categorizing, and tracking all shop & job tools
- Working closely with The Parts/Service Advisor & Vendors to determine reorder quantity.
- Input stock details into the inventory database & maintain appropriate record keeping
- Obtain information from vendors regarding minimum order, best price, and product availability
- Place all orders of inventory items with vendors utilizing the PO system
- Receive and verify orders for accuracy and damages, resolving any discrepancies between orders and shipments received
- Track stock consumption and issue inventory to work orders
- Perform monthly inventory audits; reconcile inventory on hand with invoices and employee requisitions
- Optimizes store layout and space to prevent loss, damage or surplus
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized workspace
- Provide stock and equipment to employees as required
- Communicate effectively with the shop team
- Prioritize and effectively organize duties
- Keep information up-to-date
- Collect, scan, and record daily log sheets & written work-orders
- Peform inventory cycle counts regularly with a goal of 2-3 complete inventory cycles in the course of a business year
- Generate inventory reports as required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mechanical experience, an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or higher
- Knowledge of computer applications including Windows, Office 365 and databases
Interpersonal & Other Skills:
- Ability to interact well with co-workers
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and effectively organize duties
- Detail orientated and highly organized
- Ability to work 45 – 50 hours a week
Online: Apply here.
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 14th St. E.
Brandon, MB R7A 7V2
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.