Company: Allen and Bolack Excavating Ltd.
Sewer and Water Pipelayer
Based on experience
Experience, Education, and Skills required:
- Construction – Water mains; Sewer; Pipelines; Underground and tunnel work; Fiber optics.
- Equipment and Machinery Experience – Compactors; Grades; Grinding Machines; Drills; Chainsaws; Small Front-End loaders; Knowledge of Heavy Equipment Operation an asset.
- Weight Handling – Up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- Experience – Experience in water and sewer pipe laying is essential. Previous experience laying and connecting pipe, operating some basic heavy equipment, reading, and understanding blueprints/plans, and understanding safety rules and local plumbing codes and regulations are considered a valued asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities – Fast-paced environment; physically demanding; long hours: willing and able to work long hours and occasional weekends during peak season.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team setting.
- Takes direction well.
- Able to work and operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations.
- Analyse delivery address, determine appropriate routes, and maintain schedule.
- Drive safely.
- Report any accidents or injuries to supervisors immediately.
- Load and unload product in a safe manner and within deadlines.
- Perform appropriate inspections, maintain clean/safe vehicle, and advise supervisor or any issues, repairs, or maintenance of vehicle.
- Maintain daily logs, required forms and paperwork.
- Adhere to all law, regulations, and company polities and procedures.
- Work closely with the team to complete all tasks assigned.
- Work with support team to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 – 14th St. E.
ATTN: Hiring Manager
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.