Company: Allen and Bolack Excavating Ltd.
1540 14th St E
Sewer and Water Labourer
TBD based on experience
Experience, Education, and Skills required:
- Construction – Water mains; Sewer; Pipelines; Underground and tunnel work, Fiber optics
- Equipment and Machinery Experience – Compactors; Grades; Grinding machines; Drills; Chainsaws; Small front-end loaders; Knowledge of Heavy Equipment Operation an asset;
- Weight Handling – Up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- Experience – experience in water and sewer pipe laying is essential. Previous experience laying and connecting pipe, operating some basic heavy equipment, reading and understanding blueprints/plans, and understand safety rules and local plumbing codes and regulations are considered a valued asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities – Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Long Hours – Willing and able to work long hours and occasional weekends during peak season
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team setting
- Takes direction well
- Able to work and operate equipment in a safe manner
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Load and unload product in a safe manner and within deadlines
- Perform appropriate inspections, maintain clean/safe vehicle and advise supervisor of any issues, repairs or maintenance of vehicle
- Maintain daily logs, required forms and paperwork
- Adhere to all law, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the team to complete all tasks assigned
- Work with support team to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.