Company: Jacobson & Greiner Group
Full-Time, flexible to mutually agreed upon hours, as required at peak times.
Working as a member of the Safety team, this position will be responsible for multiple divisions, within the group of companies. The Safety Advisor will work closely with all levels of management and employees to ensure safe work practices and adherence to policies which promote a safe, healthy environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, as well as the ability to adapt easily to other software systems.
- Extensive experience in construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbally) with clients, contractors, co-workers and management.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, ability to prioritize and superior attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of employees, in pressured situations.
- Responsible, self motivated and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a team member.
Education & Experience:
- Construction Safety Officer Certificate (CSO); or National Construction Safety Officer(NCSO).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Safety Advisor, preferably in the construction industry.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate OR COR related courses in Auditing, Principles and Safety Management.
- Experience in the Annual COR Audit process and the completion of same.
- Certifications and experience in training First Aid, Confined Spaces, WHMIS etc. (preferred).
- Previous experience conducting workplace investigations.
- WCB- experience in WCB reporting, investigations and Return to Work.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License or higher.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Safety inspections of job sites.
- Conducting Safety Audits (COR), investigation of workplace incidents/near misses.
- Participation in safety committees.
- Identifying safety training needs including orientation.
- Addressing stop work orders.
- Training employees in required mandatory training requirements IE-WHMIS, Safety Rep, Flagger etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive group benefits.
- Educational assistance.
- Opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
2404 Park Avenue
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.