Company: J&G Homes Ltd.
Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter
TBD based on experience.
Reporting to the Project Manager, under the supervision of the Journeyman, Carpenter Apprentices actively work towards their Red Seal/Journeyman certification in Carpentry.
Skills & Education:
- Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Possess PPE, small tools, drills and impact drills required for work.
- Experience in both residential and commercial carpentry.
- Knowledge of building materials, tools and equipment.
- Experience using computers.
- Willing and able to work long hours during the busy season and during extreme temperatures.
- Capable of lifting and moving materials up to and including 50-75lbs.
- Hard working, motivated, and reliable.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications.
- Construct foundation and structure.
- Fit and install windows, doors and hardware.
- Determine the tools and materials required for projects.
- Adhere to deadlines set out for completion at every stage of construction.
- Constant communication with the Project Manager.
- Safely operate equipment and tools as required.
- Transport supplies as required to and from job sites.
- Maintain a safe and organized site.
- Follow safety standards and report any incidents.
- Other duties as required by the Management.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
2404 Park Avenue
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.