- May 15, 2023
- No Comments
Company: J&G Homes Ltd.
Construction Project Estimator/Coordinator/Surveyor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, materials, subs, etc.) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Obtain utility locates
- Order project materials required and ensure estimate matches invoice
- Evaluate progress and report to upper management
- Process change orders
- Collaborate with superintendent regarding communication of scope of work
- Administer paperwork for project progresses and completions (i.e. final completion certificates, stat decs., etc.)
- Be efficient in survey work in terms of layout, as-builts, and GPS work.
- Drone work and Auto-Cad work are definite assets.
Skills & Competencies:
- Working experience in construction management or similar role is an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints and plan sets
- Strong knowledge of construction infrastructure materials, processes and equipment
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Team player with leadership abilities
- Knowledge of construction/estimating software an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Critical thinker and problem solver, with ability to perform under pressure of deadlines.
Education & Training:
- C. Tech or better
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.