Company: Western Canada Hockey Academy Inc.
11:30am-3:00pm Monday Through Friday
As soon as possible
TBD based on experience.
The Educational Assistant provides educational supports in working with students for their academic coursework. The position promotes a positive and inclusive learning environment and works closely with the classroom teacher to ensure student success.
- Assist student learning with high school academic courses
- Work 1:1 and/or in a small group setting
- Consult Head Teacher on programming and perform other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry check.
- Not mandatory, but preference may be given to those with an Educational Assistant Certificate or at least two (2) years applicable experience as an Educational Assistant, preferably within a school environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and respond to student needs and learning adaptations in flexible and respectful ways.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of diverse learning styles, academic needs, sensory processing needs, behaviour regulation strategies, communication needs, and classroom processes.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently and cooperatively as an effective member of a team.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.