Company: VBJ Developments Ltd.
Civil Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, materials, subs, etc.) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Obtain utility locates.
- Order project materials required and ensure estimate matches invoice.
- Evaluation progress and report to upper management.
- Process change orders.
- Collaborate with superintendent regarding communication of scope of work.
- Administer paperwork for project progresses and completions (i.e. final completion certificates, stat decs., etc.).
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven working experience in construction management or similar role.
- Ability to read blueprints and plan sets.
- Strong knowledge of construction infrastructure materials, processes and equipment.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Team player with leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of construction/estimating software an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
Education & Training:
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Certification would be a definite asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
2404 Park Avenue
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.