Company: Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd.
Assistant Parts/Service Advisor (Term)
Allen & Bolack Excavating
1540 14th St. E.
As Soon As Possible
TBD – Based on Experience
HOURS of WORK:
Reporting to the Parts/Service Advisor, the Assistant Parts/Service Advisor is responsible for communicating with employees, vendors and managers to coordinate the timely repairs for equipment breakdowns, regularly scheduled maintenance and inspections. This position also includes but is not limited to costing, ordering, record keeping and other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written, oral, and electronic formats.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively organize duties with exceptional time management skills.
- Proven accuracy and detail orientated.
- Self motivated and positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet the demands of the position.
Experience & Education
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Mechanical experience and/or shop experience, an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or higher.
- Proficient with computer applications including Windows, Office 365, Excel and databases.
- Maintains records to support operations.
- Ordering appropriate quantities of parts.
- Sources parts and vendors as required.
- Generates repairs/work orders for the team members.
- Schedules preventative maintenance & inspections accordingly.
- Schedules urgent repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintains up-to-date records of services and safeties, in the Manager Plus database.
- Performs monthly audits.
- Reconciles work orders, invoices and requisitions.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized workspace.
- Supports the Service Manager.
- Communicates any concerns regarding the store, equipment etc. to their supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 – 14th Street East
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.