Company: Jacobson & Greiner Ltd.
Location: Brandon, MB
Assistant Accounting Manager
To be negotiated based on experience.
HOURS OF WORK:
Full-Time, flexible to mutually agreed upon hours, as required at peak times i.e. month-end, fiscal year-end etc.
Jacobson & Greiner Group is currently hiring for the full-time position of Assistant Accounting Manager. The Assistant Accounting Manager will be responsible for assisting in preparation of monthly financial statements and assisting with day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping duties for a large multi-business unit.
- Assist with managing day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping duties including financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and account reconciliations.
- Assist with managing the month-end closing process, reviewing, and posting journal entries
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements and other reports
- Assist the accounting manager in cash management
- Job costing & payroll entries
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and filing of required GST and PST returns
- Assist with preparing year-end package for external accountants
- Ensure adequacy of and adherence to internal controls and accounting policies for the organization
- Collaborates with other accounting staff to support, enable department to meet overall goals/objectives and perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration;
- Minimum 3 years experience in an accounting role with direct experience in preparing monthly financial statements;
- CPA Designation or current pursuit of CPA designation is considered as asset;
- Experience working with retail stores and/or construction is an asset;
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently;
- Exceptional time management skills, working in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues to senior management;
- Detail oriented;
- Experience working with Microsoft software platform;
- Experience with Sage 300 and retail accounting software will be an asset.
Compensation and benefits:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Program
- Competitive salary
- Educational assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.