Company: Allen & Bolack Excavating
HOURS of WORK:
Full-Time, flexible to mutually agreed upon hours, as required at peak times i.e. month-end, fiscal year-end etc.
To be negotiated based on experience
Jacobson & Greiner Group is currently hiring for the full-time position of Accounting Assistant. Working from our Allen & Bolack Excavating location, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager in preparation of monthly financial statements for a large multi-business unit.
- Prepare deposits and bank reconciliations;
- Enter and reconcile accounts payable invoices and prepare cheques;
- Assist the accounting manager in cash management;
- Preparation and filing of government remittances;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts such as prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities;
- Inventory management including costing of inventory, and reconciling;
- Collaborates with other accounting staff to support and enable department to meet overall goals and objectives
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an accounting role;
- Experience working with construction, excavating, and gravel pit operations is considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently;
- Exceptional time management skills, working in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues to senior management;
- Detail orientated;
- Experience working with Microsoft software platform;
- Experience with Sage 300 and retail accounting software will be an asset.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Program
- Competitive salary
- Educational assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
Please submit your resume and cover letter to
Mail or Drop Off:
2404 Park Avenue
Brandon, MB R7B 0S3
ATTN: Hiring Manager
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.